Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Update

I had an unexpected phone call from an old friend last night and for some reason gave him the URL for this blog. I guess I was trying to provide evidence that I wasn't incarcerated or in an asylum for the past 30 years.

I have some pictures from the trip to Alaska that I would like to add to the record and put everything in chronological order. The original purpose of this blog was to keep a few people informed of my whereabouts and give me a record of the trip. The pictures should be added before I forget the details.

Earning a living takes priority so no guarantee on timing.

Blogger has changed a lot since I have visited my own blog. It appears to be faster and easier to use and may be useful as a trading journal.

Well, I have been parked for two and a half years and often wish I was still traveling. My intent has been to travel again and use this house as a home base. Other matters have intruded and kept me in one place.

Returning to Alaska is on the list either by motorcycle or pickup truck, alternating camping with motel stays. The RV-pickup combination had it's advantages but was often unwieldy. The inner child says "motorcycle" but the adult says "truck".

Anyway, a picture should be included with every post. Here is one taken on the drive from Fairbanks to Prudhoe Bay over the Dalton Highway (the "Haul Road").

The only gas station in Deadhorse, Alaska. It was 240 miles from Coldfoot with no services so I'm glad the pump took MasterCard.


No comments: